Monday, April 29, 2013

From the eyes of a book-hater ( ̄Д ̄)ノ

Kinokuniya Bookstore - Suria KLCC
Hate is such a strong word but I don't mind being called a book-hater because I really do dislike books.


However, there is a big BUT-- 
the big BUT

I only dislike fictional wordy books. Unlike most bookworms out there, my imagination is limited to what I see with my own eyes, what I hear with my own ears and what I feel with my own skin. Some people are really imaginative, which is good (。◕‿◕。) Unfortunately, I'm not in that club. Sometimes I wish I could enjoy fiction just like most people who do.


There's that one book that interests me... one, just one


The good news is,  I do read certain books!\(•ิ_•ิ\)Hurray~(/•ิ_•ิ)/
Certain books.



What kind?

I bought a few at Kinokuniya the other time and I'm still trying to finish them.

That's right, them.

Yes, I bought more than a book. I bought 3. THREE!! (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ

So much for a book hater right? Like I said earlier, I dislike fictional books. Fictions, if not made into a movie, drive me craaaaaazyyy! 

I don't know what a 'hobbit' looks like or whether Voldemort eats through his nose or ears! Words, words and more words!! Ugh... (ー△ー;)

And without further adieu, let me introduce you my 3 Musketeers:


1. The New Atkins For a New You
This book is written by:
Eric C. Westman, M.D.
Stephen D. Phinney M.D.
Jeff S. Volek Ph.D

Price: RM64.67






Now, you're probably thinking, why would you need 3 people to write one book right? I wondered the same too. Then I thought, maybe it's because since they're not writers, so they need a support system. ( ̄(エ) ̄) Make sense? Ooor... It's to make the book 3 times more valid. Heck, they have one writer with a Ph.D! A P.H.D!!! 

What's it about?
It's about the Atkins Diet, a 40-years old diet which I believe is the answer to our eating problem nowadays. I can talk about it more here, but I think I'll make another post about Atkins later. You can read reviews on this book here. It's really interesting.

2. The Alternate-Day Diet
Written by:
James B. Johnson, M.D.

Price: RM54.95








What's it about?
Alternate-day fasting. It's something like Dawud's fasting in Islam. Again, I'll explain about this book further in another post. For now, you can look it up on Google or... you can read reviews written by other readers here.


3. Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution
Written by:
Robert C. Atkins, M.D.

Price: RM57.00








That's right! This book was written by the big A himself!

What's it about?
It's an older version of Atkins, preceding the first book I mentioned earlier. Basically, you're better off reading the latest version. I bought this book just for comparison sake.


Question: Why would I spend money on these books?
Answer: I didn't.

Here in Malaysia, students get book vouchers. I just spent all my vouchers on these and some other stuff.

Was it worth it?

Über approval: Yes, I learned a lot of stuff from reading these books. In my humble opinion, they are waaaay better than reading *cough*Hunger Games*cough*

Yeah, I know, some of y'all would scream at my face for trashing Hunger Games but I'm not out for just that, I don't read ANY fiction, haha.

Well, others' treasure is trash to me and vice versa.

And I'm just kidding, I like any books, I just can't enjoy fiction. I'm glad to know that many are though, too bad I can't be like those people. 
(。┰ω┰。)

No comments:

Post a Comment